Hello again,
Okay, I'm at an Internet cyberchat cafe paying for this blog time, so I'll be brief for now. For all of those who continue to check us out, give us until next week to get all the bells and whistles (video, pictures, and links) set up. We will also be asking some reflective questions from our experiences and conversations while here. Please leave us your views and ask us questions in return. Additionally, when you post anonymously, please leave us your first name or give yourself a nickname that we can relate to. For example, the wonderful young man I met at Starbucks today (Aaron, I sure had a great time visiting with you--don't forget to tell us all about your exchange student adventures) could sign his blog Aaron at Star. This helps us personalize our response back to you. We have enjoy visiting with all of you so much that we want to continue, so please keep your blogs coming.
Activities Update:
Here is what I've done the last two days.
Bram Stoker's Dracula experience - a museum that finishes like a haunted house (pics coming).
(sidebar info: Brian hates being scared as much as I do, but he is a good sport).
Trinity College - The beautiful college where many of Ireland's great writers attended (pics coming).
Book of Kells - I didn't actually get to see this because Trinity was having a graduation and it was too crowded. I hope to go back tomorrow morning and see the actual exhibit. However, if I'm not able to, I have purchased an interactive cd-rom that I will share with my students. If it won't infringe on any copyrights, I'll post part of it for the rest of you to enjoy.
Debate on Ireland of the Welcomes - This was a very interesting debate at the Writer's Festival that featured noted Irish writer's and journalist (including Roddy Doyle who wrote The Commitments)
Bloomsday Festivities - A reenactment of Leopold Blooms journey from James Joyce's Ulysses. However, we did not stay for the entire thing because we didn't want to invest the time necessary.
Writer's Museum - I really enjoyed this! It was a audio tour showcasing Ireland's most notable writer's.
Reading by Ross O'Carroll-Kelly - This was a very funny and entertaining reading by the an author who is extremely satirical and enjoyed by the Irish people. In fact, Dana (one of our bus mates to Malahide Castle) had one of his books in her backpack and was reading him for pleasure!
Traditional Irish Folk Music - Brian and I did this last night at The Quay restaurant and pub. It was a great time and we (again) made many new friends!
That is all for now! I'll post again soon.
Cheers,
Kim
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment