Wednesday, June 13, 2007

We are here

It is 19:38 local time--that translates to 7:38 in Dublin and it is 1:38 at home. We have been awake for about 36 hours--coherence is fleeting. The tripwas delayed 5 hours so our first day was essentially cut in half. JFK airport was a complete nightmare, but thanks to Kim Piper's tenacity we made our check in time just barely so we could wait 3 hours for our delayed Dublin flight.
We just went to our first Writer's festival event--it was a reading and discussion with the authors Rose Tremain and Gerard Donovan--amazing to hear to authours speak of their craft. The discussions on language were exciting, but I'm a nerd.
Tomorrow will be vast explorations of the Dublins past. We are at an internet caft--really cool! Hopefully tomorrow we will blog from a free Wi-Fi spot.
I'm so tired that it's now retyping as much as typing so I'll sign off.
Take care all!

No comments: