Well we made it! We arrived in Dublin after many, many hours of chaotic travel. The air travel was a unique experience. The cramped quarters made for a rough ride. I managed to break my seat during the flight from Dallas to New York--- Yikes! They certainly do not make planes in my size!
Speaking of extra-large------ We will need to post a picture of Kim's bag. I feel very sure that she secretly smuggled Pat into the country via her extra large luggage. I can't tell you all how much fun we had once we were assigned a room on the third floor. After it was hauled up the broken escalators at JFK, as we were boarding the bus from the airport, the porter (bus driver)
looked at our Mrs. Piper and exclaimed:
Jaaaaaazzzzzuuuusss Chriiiiiiist (Dublin for Jesus Christ) woman! You need to pack smaller knickers ------ or don't pack any knickers at all!
Although our bus driver did not qualify as a poet laureate, his sentiment was indeed, shared by all!
We are running (by running I mean slowly and lazily) making our way back to the hotel for some much needed sleep! We will all post again very soon!
Bri
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow is right! I first hand saw the extra passenger known as my mom's bag. But now that you present the idea of fitting my dad in the bag, I question why I didnt jump in myself. Glad to hear you guys got in. P.S. The usage of the word knickers verifies that you are in Europe.
Oh my lord. It sounds like you all are headed for fun! Try not to fall in love with any poets.
Melissa
Hello Fellows,
Congratulations on successfully traveling to Dublin. Glad to hear you are enjoying the writer's festival and exploring Ireland. Stay safe and I look forward to reading more your about your Irish adventures.
Candece @ Fund for Teachers
Thats awseome! Maybe when you reserved your tickets you should of asked asked for freakishly tall! LOL JK! Im glad you made it. Hopefully you have a great time.
Slainte,
Matt
P.S. Its spelled "Jaysus"
Post a Comment