Sunday, June 24, 2007

Justin Colvin, the Musical Bartender




Justin, thanks so much for responding to my "Tulsa, we have landed" blog. It was great to hear from you! Sadly, we are home now, although we weren't near finished seeing all that Ireland had to offer. I've convinced my husband, son, and future daughter-in-law to go back with me sometime, so I'm sure our paths will cross again. I'm also glad to hear the whole Euro thing is working out for you since you are actually getting paid in Euro! Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea how much I spent on the trip with the awful exchange rate! I've been spoiled by the strong U.S. dollar in all the other places I've traveled.




I've inserted a couple of pictures of you that we took that evening on the Literary Pub Crawl. Unfortunately, I only have pics of your tattoos (although I'm sure I took one of you behind the bar??!) If you have the technology available, please insert a photo of yourself so that everyone can see you. Additionally, why don't you tell everyone about your research program and the funny story of how you acquired your musical tattoos.




Again, it was wonderful to hear from you.




Take Care~ Kim


Justin Colvin said...
Hello guys-I checked out the blog and it's pretty cool. Seems like y'all are having a great time in Ireland. I'm glad to have appeared in your blog...I find Ireland very lush and beautiful. The architecture here fantastic and at every turn you can find a truly palpable sense of history (I found out I live down the street from the hotel Joyce featured in the "Sirens" episode). The culture here is familiar, yet somehow different... as if it's something I've known all my life but never explicitly. Kinda cool.Work is going fine; the strong Euro actually equalizes a bit after you start getting paid. Anyways... I hope you either enjoyed or will keep enjoying Ireland and I suppose I'll see ya around.Take care,-JMC
June 23, 2007 9:38 AM

No comments: