Sunday, June 10, 2007

2 nights and counting!

Hello Everyone~

It is Sunday night at 10:00 p.m., and I am getting so excited! Everyone finally has a passport, so it looks like we are all good to go. It feels like such a dream. I still can't believe Fund for Teachers bestowed this amazing grant on us (thank you, thank you)!

My husband (Pat), son (Quinn) and his girlfriend (Julia) all went to Barnes and Noble today so that I could stock up on some good books for the long plane ride. I picked up a coffee table book on Ireland and browsed the beautiful pages. That is when it suddenly hit me--I'll be standing in some of these very places in just a little more than two days! I can't wait to experience this trip of a lifetime with my three good friends who are not only amazing educators, but people truly committed to enriching the lives of our students at Will Rogers High School. I have no idea how this crazy adventure will turn out (especially with our diverse and live out loud personalities) but I know that it will be a "spot of time" memory for me.

Let the Adventure begin~
Kim :0)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Lol I can just hear you telling me all this in your class room at Rogers lol. Have fun Mrs. Piper

Kim said...

:0) Thanks, I will have fun! Be sure to check in frequently. We will post updates daily.

Mrs. P

Anonymous said...

Make sure you take TONS of pictures...and i'll cross my fingers for you to meet Bono!

Anonymous said...

Bono? Is that really such a good idea considering the recent dream you had? haha, I kid

Quinn